Wednesday, April 10, 2013























Man cleaning window on Spring Street
April 8, 2013

I was sitting on one of the benches on Spring Street between Broadway and Crosby when I drew this man. It was about 10:15 in the morning and the sun was bright on the opposite/uptown side of the street. I was tired and kind of half asleep when the man sitting at the bench to my right said, “Look at this guy.” I looked at him, the man on the bench, and not the guy. He motioned up at the building across the street. I saw this man washing the windows. He was on the fourth floor without a harness. He was just holding on with one hand to the vertical side edge of the window frame as he pulled his squeegie across the glass with his right hand. I have trouble looking out windows that high. I looked at the man down on the street with me and said, “whoa.” The man finished that window, lifted it up while retaining balance with his left leg, and climbed back into the building. The bench man and I were both relieved. Then a fire truck came and parked right out front of the building. The firemen got out and there was a commotion and I looked up again as the window washer looked down to see what was going on.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Cost of high rise window cleaning is much higher than residential window cleaning so when you hire professionals; you get the same service at a much lower price.

window cleaning brisbane

Unknown said...

I have experienced the best window cleaner professionals and i found them really best and will suggest you to have them!
Window Cleaning Wellington

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Window cleaning is very hard task for me because I have no experience about window cleaning activities and I used a Window Cleaning Sydney service for cleaning of my house windows and I am very impressed from cleaning results of this service. Their professional cleaners are really highly trained and they clean windows of my whole house easily.

Unknown said...

I strongly agree with you that while window cleaning, there are no safety ropes and other safety measure used in some places which are really a threat for other public as well.

Unknown said...

Hey Friends how are you Happy new year Friends I want share with you some house cleaning tips hope you like it and easily clean your house. One of the best house cleaning tips you can follow is to hire a professional house cleaner to clean your home for you. Such a professional provides experience and expertise and can ensure you come home to a clean place every day. If you prefer to clean your home yourself, you should keep it tidied, as this ultimately makes it much easier for you to clean.
window cleaning isle of wight

Unknown said...

The post shares excellent piece of information regarding cleaning.

Unknown said...

Really good post, this will help me a lot in the future

Now Your Health Improve Guaranteed With Natural Tips said...

Wow! I am glad after reading that post. I am always searching online for articles that can help me.
Flyttstädning i Stockholm

Unknown said...

thanks for giving a nice information. i appreciated your work.
carpet cleaning geelong
furniture cleaning geelong
kitchen cleaning geelong

Anonymous said...

Obat herbal kutil kelamin di apotik
fakta tentang kutil kelamin
obat kutil kelamin
obat kutil kelamin manjur
obat kutil kelamin salep dan kapsul
obat kutil dan herpes dari alam
obat kutil kelamin yang sudah terbukti manjur
obat kutil kelamin yang aman tanpa efek samping
obat kutil kelamin tanpa operasi
obat herbal untuk kutil kelamin
obat manjur untuk kutil kelamin
obat bintik bintik di area telur penis
tanda tanda wanita berpenyakit kelamin
apakah obat callusol manjur untuk mengobati kutil kelamin?
obat herbal untuk kutil kelamin
callusol apa bisa untuk kutil kelamin?
obt kutil kelamin wilayah lampung
kutil kelamin di liang vagina
Yang jual obat kutil kelamin di daerah bngkinang ada tidak?
jual obat untuk kutil kelamin di kota semarang
jual obat kutil penis daerah sorong
jual obat kutil kelamin di solo
gatal berlebihan dimuara Vagina
obat kutil kelamin manjur
obat kutil kelamin

Unknown said...

I appreciate how this article was made. It is so informative and exciting to read. This helped me a lot, thanks for sharing this information. Good work! - tree removal Cambridge Park

Anonymous said...

This article really interesting and informative. I loved the way you explained things in such detail, making them easy for me to understand! denver apartment cleaning services
apartments cleaning services